Thursday, 11 December 2014

Do Not Walk Infront of Me - Appreciation

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend


Many years ago, while at school as a 12 year old, I read this out to my English teacher. I added another three verses on that I had made up? Adapted? And he stated that I was a liar and that in no way were the versus mine, apparently they were too good to be mine. 30 years later I still think how unkind this was and how that completely lost my interest in my English lessons, for ever.

The lesson I now have of this is that who ever you are, what ever my belief's of your capability I will not knock anyone for having an idea. I listen. I learn. And everyday people around teach me. I use what I am taught and I give that recognition. In life today we, that is the majority of people in western society, do not appreciate and give recognition, and I am not talking about the 10% tip. I mean the phone call to the manager, the credit on a company web page for service, for ideas, for anything.

Appreciate what we have and strive at least once a day to recognise someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment